In the true spirit of the season, XPERTECHS is again making a donation to the Maryland Food Bank on behalf of its clients. This is the fourth consecutive year that XPERTECHS has redirected funds that previously would have purchased food gifts for clients into a charitable donation that spreads holiday cheer and helps to combat food insecurity for our Maryland neighbors at the same time.
“When we started this in 2020, it was because it didn’t make sense to send food gifts to clients when their employees were working from home because of the COVID 19 pandemic,” said Michael Mellott, President and Founder of XPERTECHS. “Because of the overwhelmingly positive response of our clients, it’s now become an annual tradition.”
The Maryland Food Bank (MFB) strives to not only improve access to nutritious food to people in need; they also work to address the long-term problems that create and sustain food insecurity. More than a food pantry, MFB has many different programs that reach people in need including:
- Farm to Food Bank – Fresh vegetables and fruits from local farms.
- FoodWorks – Culinary training programs for low-income individuals.
- School Pantry – Food pantry resources and weekend survival kits available at local schools.
- Mobile Markets – Delivers food to communities that have limited or no grocery store access.
- Supper Clubs – Free nutritious meals to kids participating in certain after-school programs.
Those are just a few examples of the creative ways that MFB is working to distribute food and improve the lives of people who are in need of not just a meal, but a helping hand.
The Maryland Food Bank plays a crucial role in addressing food insecurity in the state and they invite all residents to join them in their cause. To learn more about their work and how you can help, visit: https://mdfoodbank.org/