Service Desk Internship
XPERTECHS is a regional leader in providing IT Services and Solutions to Small and Medium Businesses that include Managed Services, Help Desk, Professional Services, On-site Support, Vendor Management, and IP Telephony.
XPERTECHS has improved the performance for 100’s of local companies, and we owe our success to our employees. Your time and your knowledge are important – make the most of both. At XPERTECHS, we’ve continually empowered our employees to develop their skills and advance their careers. It’s our philosophy, along with our uncompromising commitment to customer satisfaction that has made XPERTECHS a success and a great place to work.
We currently have immediate opportunities for our Service Desk Internship in Ellicott City, MD.
In this position, you will be responsible for basic-to-intermediate PC software and/or hardware systems support via telephone, email, and remote control support in accordance with service level requirements. This position has frequent contact with client end-users, service desk peers, and managers, and also may have contact with software, network and hardware vendors, resellers, and distributors.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Answer technical service desk telephone line and manage help desk email account.
- Monitor alerts from service desk software system.
- Provide Level I technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- Dispatch engineers/technicians for end user support calls.
- Enter service tickets into a database, and monitor the progress of service tickets.
- Document all support provided and keep Project Manager informed.
- Working knowledge of common Microsoft operating systems and Office productivity software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience helpful
- Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic, remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Ability to work responsibly with or without supervision
Please contact: Michael or Chris at (410) 884-0225
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org