Managed Service Level II Engineer
The role of the Managed Service Level II Engineer is to perform four primary functions:
- Develop and implement Best Practices and maintain the XPERTECHS toolset.
- Deliver remote Customer support and insure client SLA’s are met.
- Develop and implement Microsoft Best Practices.
- Maintain and optimize Client infrastructure as the Network Administrator.
This is an 8x5 operation, though it may require the flexibility to work off-hour service/projects. Punctual, regular and consistent attendance expected.
- Responsible for assisting and improving the workflow, task activities, automation of solutions, education in regards to desktop and server managed products. Develop a best practice-XPERTECHS standard for the client IT environment and for XPERTECHS NOC Toolsets.
- Develop documentation and implement Best Practices in support of managed antivirus, backup/disaster recovery, Microsoft Patch management and other automated services.
- Answer, open, troubleshoot and close client support calls via phone/email on Connectwise for Workstation & Server service product.
- Document repeatable ticket resolutions in toolset Knowledgebase for future reference.
- Act as technical interface with external suppliers/vendors in support of client software applications and infrastructure.
- Provide system administration functions in XPERTECHS IT environment and insure the XPERTECHS infrastructure is set up and operating at the highest levels of availability.
- Perform assignments as scheduled and communicate task status on a regular and on-going basis. Must be willing to be on call/available to respond to escalated service issues as required.
Provide technical guidance for identifying, validating, and escalating client managed service incidents to their resolution. Insure that SLA’s are always delivered on time through prompt, courteous, and professional service. Assist in documenting NOC department and inter-departmental Standard Operating Procedures in relation to managed service product set. Assist in maintenance of the XPERTECHS and client infrastructure. Responsible for monitoring the success of XPERTECHS and client data backup routines and recovery of lost files.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required, college degree is highly preferred.
- A minimum of MCP & A+ certification, MCSA preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of operations help desk experience in IP networking and routing.
- A minimum of 2+ yrs hands on experience with LAN support in a Microsoft Windows desktop/server environment, Active Directory and other third party Windows server add-on products.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office tools family.
- User experience working with IT Service processes, i.e. Help desk/ trouble ticketing systems, proactive monitoring systems
- 2+ yrs hands on experience with Microsoft Exchange Server, including support of Outlook Anywhere and ActiveSync.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a diverse customer set are needed as well as the willingness to lead training and share individual demonstrations with NOC staff. Must also have the ability to make independent decisions, handle conflict and enforce policies.
- Must be able to demonstrate good organization, coordination and leadership skills with the ability to handle multiple duties and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong follow-through skills, attention to detail and ability to meet service level targets required.
- Must be able to maintain regular attendance and work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends.
The physical demands for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job are described below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to drive their vehicle to customer locations. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
For more information, contact Mike or Chris @ 410-884-0225.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org